Afenifere’s General Meeting Affirms Endorsement of Atiku/Obi Ticket & the PDP in 2019 Polls
At the General Meeting of the Afenifere held at Akure Ondo State at the residence of the leader Chief R. F. Fasoranti OFR on Monday, 11th February 2019, it was resolved as follows:
1. That we affirm the Resolution of the Leaders of Nigeria, consisting of the leadership of Afenifere, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Middle Belt Forum, Northern Elders Forum endorsing the candidacy of the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Atiku Abubakar GCON, Former Vice-president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and his Running Mate, Mr Peter Obi and recommending them to Nigerians in the Presidential election on 16th February 2019.
2. The above endorsement is based on the following reasons:
i. A shared commitment to restructuring Nigeria to guaranty true federalism.
ii Need to promote the feelings of inclusiveness and sense of belonging amongst Nigerians and promote much-desired
national patriotism and unity.
iii. The need to promote economic growth and prosperity.
iv. Need to address the present insecurity in the nation and engender genuine security of lives and property.
3. We are not unmindful of some impostors parading themselves as Afenifere holding meetings and endorsing General Muhammad Buhari to continue in office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in spite of his incompetence, cluelessness, nepotism, tribalism, religious bigotry, ill-health and glaring mental incapacity. These pretenders are doubtlessly not Afenifere members but, as usual, only dubiously seeking to exploit the goodwill and reputation of Afenifere to market their bad political product. Their desperation in this regard is exemplified in the fraudulent printing of campaign posters in the name and picturing Ambassador Dr. Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu as endorsing Buhari and Osinbajo, which she has since disclaimed.
4. The Afenifere hereby calls on Nigerians and all Yoruba people, in particular, to come out en masse and vote for the candidacy of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Mr. Peter Obi of the Peoples Democratic Party and to protect their votes in the interest of good governance and life more abundant for all Nigerians.
1. Chief R. F Fasoranti OFR, Leader AFENIFERE.
2. Chief Ayo Adebanjo
3. Chief Olu Falae GCON
4. Senator (Dr.) Femi Okurounmi CON.