Southeast Governors Capitulate to the Fulani Jihadists … As Prof Nwala Opts Out of the Southeast Security Outfit
Letter from ADF President to Gen Obi Abel Umahi – Chairman, Southeast Security Committee
August 25, 2020
Resignation as A Member of the South-East Security Committee.
I write to resign formally as a member of the South-East Security Committee, which was set up at a Joint Meeting of the Governors Forum, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) since February 2020. I do this because the purpose for which this Security Committee was set up has been made null and void with the pronouncements of the Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, abolishing the idea of a Regional Security Architecture for the South-East. According to him, the Governors of the Southeast have jointly rejected the idea of a Regional Security Architecture for the entire Southeast and, by extension, the Alaigbo as a whole.
The fact that the so-called Southeast Security Committee’s setup since early 2020 and after several months, nothing had been achieved, means that it was not intended to serve any useful purpose.
In place of a Regional Security Scheme for Alaigbo, the Governors of the Southeast have accepted the Community Policing program of the Federal Government. As you may recall, the Community Policing program has been rejected by the Southeast after the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) exposed its inherent character as a policy to encourage the continued serial killing, kidnapping and rape of our women as well as to ensure the occupation of Alaigbo by the Fulani jihadists.
As you may recall, ADF had compared the policy of Community Policing as equivalent to handing over the security of chickens to the hawks.
In opting out of the now moribund Southeast Security Committee, we, in ADF, shall continue to work with the various pan-Igbo organizations to advance all possible and legitimate means of ensuring the Security of Alaigbo and her neighbors.
It is to be recalled that in a press statement issued by the ADF in February 2020, we had stated unequivocally that the “POLICING PLAN of the Nigerian Police has been IN OPERATION IN THE SOUTHEAST while the horrors in several parts of Alaigbo, including Ebonyi State as depicted in the Report of Chief Igariwey at the last Ime-Obi meeting as well as that depicted in the Report by Mr. Aduba (CP Rtd.) at the Joint meeting of Ime-Obi and the Governors Forum. All those horrors, rather than abating, have been rising to a crescendo with our helpless people wondering if they have any Government or leaders who care for their plight”.
It is to be observed, very unfortunately, that immediately following this declaration of the Southeast Governors, unarmed Igbo youths have been gruesomely mowed down in Enugu State by combined forces of the Army, Navy, DSS, SARS, Police and other security forces.
Most of the personnel of the forces are no doubt non-Igbo. What is more, while this is happening, none of our Governors is saying anything.
In addition, it is our view and stance that;
- The Security of Alaigbo is a joint responsibility between the Government and the People of Alaigbo.
- ADF is not opposed to any genuine and positive role of the Federal Government and her agencies in helping to tackle the prevailing state of grave insecurity in Alaigbo, provided –
- That such role by Federal Agencies must be under the exercise and full control of personnel of our zone.
- The primary Security outfit for the protection of Alaigbo must be that created by the Government and people of Alaigbo. Our people should not abandon their own individual and community responsibility for their security.
- If the Governors decide to abandon their own responsibility for the Security of our people, we, as organized patriotic forces in our land must continue to courageously play our role to ensure that our people overcome the prevent dangerous siege over our land.
- This is why history beckons on the emergent Coalition of Religious and Civil Society groups in Alaigbo to remain focused and determined to help protect our people. Certainly, part of their responsibility is to provide strategic guidance to our patriotic youths to enable them to play their role constructively.
Finally, we wish to call on the Federal Government to legalize the use of AK47 rifles so that our people can arm themselves for their self-defense. In the absence of this, we call on our people to arm themselves with any available defensive weapons for the protection of themselves, our wives and our children. This is a fundamental natural right that supersedes any state law.
Prof T. Uzodinma Nwala,
His Excellency Governor Dave Umahi
Chairman South-East Governors Forum
The South-East Governors Forum
The President General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo
The Coalition of Alaigbo Religious and Civil Society Organizations
Pan-Igbo Groups and Pro-Biafra Organizations in Alaigbo
Chairman, South-East Council of Traditional Rulers
Prof. Ben Nwabueze, Igbo Leaders of Thought (ILT)
Chief Mbazulike Amaechi,
His Lordship, Bishop Obi Udezue Onubogu
Chairman, ADF BOT
Archbishop Maxwell Anikwenwa
Archbishop J.V. Obinna, etc.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.